build for the long haulI'm here to help you grow profitable repeat
business for your ecommerce brand
THE TRUE VALUE OF CUSTOMER RETENTIONto drive customer loyalty, build repeat business and ultimately profit
It's a great feeling knowing people are visiting your site and shopping. A wonderful feeling. What about when that customer comes back? Again and again? That's when you know you're building something special. There's a connection. Your product and your marketing, in unison, just works.
It's my job to help you not simply win new customers, but to keep those customers loyal, talking about you and ultimately, shopping again.
Customer Retention is the ecommerce growth strategy. Most online retailers pile money and all attention into paid ads to drive acquisition. It makes sense. And then you realise the value of keeping customers beyond just acquiring customers. Most brands miss the immense opportunity that a clear customer retention strategy can bring. Both before and after the first purchase.
I partner directly with ecommerce clients to help review, build and optimise their customer retention strategy and evolve their business model. From the moment a new visitor arrives at your store onwards we will personalise each and every customer touchpoint to build loyalty, learn from your customers and earn the right to motivate your customers to shop again.
We'll dig deep into customer data to help you fully understand your customer lifetime value and build a route to greater profitability for your ecommerce brand.
You'll learn the value of retention-focused conversational copy. Shifting away from the 'rush to sell' to the 'help to buy' mentality. It's a powerful conversion skill.
You'll also learn how to use customer insights to improve your customer acquisition process. To build a better shopping experience and deliver a truly customer-centric model to your marketing strategy.
Make the shift and evolve from a pure focus on acquisition to where the real money is made in ecommerce - customer retention growth.
Ian Rhodesfounder of ecommerce growth co.
INCREASING CUSTOMER LIFETIME VALUElet's future-proof your ecommerce brand
Retention marketing is the make or break of your ecommerce success. For many, it's where the money is made. Let's discover how to drive customer retention making better use of marketing technology, personalising the post-sales experience and giving people a reason to talk about your brand.
I will work with you to plan and action key retention drivers for your business including:
- Customer Lifetime Value (CLV) benchmarking and measurement
- Product pricing strategies to incentivise customer retention
- Learn the value of product sampling to upsell customers
- Existing customer retention strategy audit & review
- Product based post-purchase email flows using Klaviyo
- Product unboxing advice and recommendation
- Repeat customer voucher & discounting strategy
- Turn reviews into customer success stories
- Remarketing strategies for existing customers
- Business model evolution from high value, low repeat to high repeat, high loyalty
- Mastering the ease of customer returns and exchanges
- Earning vital customer feedback
- Building customer communities
- Email segmentation and flow sequences for VIP customers
- Customer loyalty programmes
- User generated content
- Ecommerce marketing technology review & recommendation
- Friends & family referral programmes
- Reward programmes
- Business modelling and onboarding strategy to help you sell products on subscription
- Email newsletter segmentation & strategy
- Timed win-back campaigns
- Seasonal campaign strategy
Your work in retention will transform the success of your customer acquisition work. Develop a greater understanding of your most valuable customers - loyal, motivated and profitable.
are you NURTURING loyalty?motivate your customers to stay with you
Customer retention and loyalty should be central to your growth strategy. Most ecommerce brands ignore the opportunity to drive significant profitable growth through their existing customer base.
Inspire your customers to share their experience with your brand and significantly impact the opportunity word-of-mouth marketing will provide your ecommerce brand.
Do what your competition won't. Start building your brand less ordinary through a fresh focus on how you retain your existing customers (without the need to trash your prices). Start making what you make matter.
next stepsto building loyalty and driving repeat business
There are a variety of ways I work with my clients. Leading projects, creating strategies or coaching in-house teams. Contact me today by emailing me direct [email protected] or dropping your details across in the form below. I'lll be in touch sharpish.