Sure, you could just keep pumping more money into Google and Facebook...
It's likely there are more profitable ways to grow your ecommerce business.
I'm here to help you figure out if so and how.
Rivki Stoll :: Ecommerce Manager :: Private White VC
"Working with Ian is probably the best thing
that has happened to us in the last 6 years."
Ads grow sales.
My job is to grow your bank balance.
You don't want to be making these 6 all-to-common mistakes growing your ecommerce business;
- "customers will love our product, so we can run acquisition at breakeven knowing they'll come back for more"
(if I had a penny for every founder that worked to that objective and failed...)
- "product pages are great landing pages"
(rarely, unless they match the exact context of the ad your customer clicked...)
- "we'll use10% discounts to build our list and incentivise people to buy"
(maybe, but they kill margins and you can market better than relying on codes to earn sales, right?)
- "right now for us growth = revenue. We need sales. It's all about sales targets"
(no, it's all about making each sale as profitable as you can and creating a scaleable marketing framework. You won't build successfully on low margins)
- "SEO is a slow process for building organic sales and anyway, nobody searches for what we make"
(it can be if you're focused on the wrong search queries or working with the wrong SEO agency)
- "our agency are tracking attribution and our ads aren't performing as bad as we first thought"
(oh boy... don't get me started on this one)
For 25 years I've been building and growing profitable, often bootstrapped, ecommerce brands. Working with 100's of brands, speaking with 1,000's of founders. All big numbers, but let me explain why this matters.
Countless times I've seen the fine line between success and failure when brands action data-backed, building and optimising growth processes versus hunch-backed (did I really write that?) sporadic price-led, ad-surged tactics that are likely to end in disaster.
You're probably somewhere in the middle. It doesn't matter where you are in your own growth. I'd love to chat to see how I can help you build your brand profitably and sustainably.
Stop spending more.
Start optimising more.
don't give an extra penny to google or facebook UNTIL YOU'VE LEARNED HOW TO OPTIMISE
You're making products your customers love.
You're delivering a level of service they appreciate.
It's now time to take optimisation to the next level for your brand.
On a hunch here, but I'm guessing you're also keen to steer clear of price-led, cost-heavy growth tactics?
Use these vital components to build and optimise your ecommerce growth process;
- data foundations so we build on real business objectives. SEO isn't just a route to reduce CPA it provides a long term path to sustainable business growth. Let's use the data wisely.
- customer insights to gather first-hand knowledge that helps you learn what motivates people to search for and buy your products.
- marketing technology to help you build high-context articles, landing pages and product pages making best use of data insights
- the human touch creating content that intrigues, resonates and sells. This isn't AI territory. This is about ranking for terms that matter. Copywriting skills that hook the interest of your reader and help master the art of persuasion to drive profitable sales.
I'm here to advise founders and in-house teams in the UK, Europe and North America on how to achieve next stage ecommerce growth. This is what I've been doing for 25 years. As a practitioner building and growing 100's of successful ecommerce brands. Now I'm teaching everything I've learned (and continue to learn) to help you grow your own store sensibly for the long haul. Profitably and sustainably.
Ecommerce Growth Strategist
Consultant, Advisor & Coach
Owen Whitehead :: Head of Digital:: Sunbelt Rentals (UK)
"He will help you understand your online customers
better than you ever thought possible"
YOUR ECOMMERCE GROWTH OS
articles on growth strategyFOCUSING YOUR WORK on what matters
How to use Google’s People Also Ask feature to improve rank for your product pages and fuel conversion
Selling subscriptions? What happens when a customer wants to subscribe to more than one product?
How to reduce ‘Where Is My Order?’ with automated delivery status updates for your Shopify store
Should you a/b test product pricing on your Shopify store?
Targeting individual keywords? Meh. Learn how to create and use keyword clusters to drive real ecommerce growth through SEO
You can now take customer support phone calls and track analytics within Gorgias
Elliott Brooks :: Springer Nature
“Ian was a huge help in supporting us with developing a best-in-class set-up of ecommerce tools and making informed decisions to improve how we support our customers with the right services for their needs”
lessons on the value of retentionhow to keep your customers shopping
"Ian comes with a wealth of experience and it really showed when he set up much of our "marketing machine" for our purpose-driven e-commerce startup."Ben Jones - Head of Growth @ FieldGoods.co.uk
articles on customer centricityhelping you GROW SALES (WITHOUT TRASHING PRICES)
Should you a/b test product pricing on your Shopify store?December 6, 2021
Shopify and the value behind creating product context pagesMay 20, 2021
Sat Sindhar - MD at People®
"His understanding of the customers
thought process is exceptional"